Audio Technica AT2020
This item is available, get yours today!
Planning a podcast? Don’t overlook the front-end technology that opens the door to your listeners: the microphone.
Thanks to Audio-Technica's AT2020, you don’t have to spend a fortune for professional audio capture. This critically acclaimed cardioid condenser makes professional sound quality extremely affordable for podcast production as well as for studio and remote broadcast applications.
The AT2020 side-address condenser offers the performance advantages of high-quality studio microphones designed for versatile performance in the most demanding production applications.
Read what Darwin Grosse had to say about this price/performance breakthrough in Recording magazine’s review:
“The specs are pretty stellar: the frequency chart shows a slight dip in the low range, and slight hype in the 10-14 kHz range, and lists an expected 124 dB dynamic range. As a point of comparison, that means you should be able to use this mic for everything from insect mating calls to jet propulsion testing. ... Audio-Technica decided to take a hard swing at the low-cost microphone market, and I think they hit a home run. They’ve created an inexpensive mic that sounds good, looks great and has some stunning specs. ... Since the mic delivers on all accounts, it’s hard not to envision a few of these in the mic cabinet.”
Quick facts about the AT2020:
- The price/performance standard in side-address studio condenser microphone technology
- Ideal for podcasting, production/air studio and other project/home-studio applications
- High SPL handling and wide dynamic range provide unmatched versatility
- Custom-engineered low-mass diaphragm provides extended frequency response and superior transient response
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Pivoting, threaded stand mount attaches securely for easy and precise placement of the microphone
- Low self-noise—perfectly suited for sophisticated digital recording equipment
For more specs and info