Solid State Logic X-Logic Alpha Channel
1U Rack-Mounted Analog Channel Strip with Microphone Preamp, 3-Band EQ and VHD Circuitry
We are expecting shipment to arrive soon. Meanwhile, reserve your set today!
All great sounding recordings have to start somewhere...
With the classic combination of mic preamp, filter, EQ, dynamics, and A/D conversion, the Alpha Channel draws upon SSL’s sonic legacy to provide an affordable analogue channel strip designed to provide the perfect front end to your DAW.
The Alpha Channel packs in a sophisticated and versatile collection of features for its size and price; a high-quality mic pre with switched impedance for instrument or line sources, phantom power and phase invert. A VHD circuit for added analogue tone, an Insert for streamlined additional processing, a three band EQ design utilising the classic SSL channel strip EQ sound and with selectable Bell curve for the LF, a High Pass Filter with 40/80/120Hz cutoff frequency selection, a switched lite limiter to prevent digital clipping, a high quality Analogue to Digital audio converter, and an S/PDIF digital output.
- Professional ultra-clean mic preamp with Hi Z impedance switch
- VHD (Variable Harmonic Drive) circuit for added analogue tone
- Front Panel Combi XLR mic/line/instrument input
- 1/4” jack instrument auto sensing with passive DI type impedance detection and level matching
- High Pass Filter with selectable 40Hz, 80Hz or 120Hz cutoff
- DC Sidechain Link outputs (RCA)
- Built-in professional quality Analogue to Digital conversion
- 1/4” analogue out and S/PDIF I/O
- Auto sample rate sensing and self-adjustment
- Three band SSL parametric EQ with mid-frequency Q control and dual LF curves
- Intelligent auto limiting that maximises recording headroom and avoids DAC clipping