Solid State Logic SSL 2
2-in/2-out USB-C Audio Interface
We are expecting shipment to arrive soon. Meanwhile, reserve your set today!
Create music and produce amazing audio. At home, in the studio, or on the road
SSL have been involved in helping musicians, producers and engineers create amazing music for 40 years, and all that knowledge and experience is at the heart of their audio creation products. As the next generation of aspiring music and audio professionals, the SSL 2 professional personal studio gives you the tools and technology to make your productions stand out from the crowd.
- 2-In / 2-Out USB-C Audio Interface
- 2 x SSL-designed microphone preamps
- Legacy 4K - analogue colour enhancement, inspired by classic SSL consoles
- Professional, high-current grade headphone output
- 24-bit / 192 kHz AD/DA AKM Converters
- Easy-to-use Monitor Mix Control
- Balanced monitor outputs
- SSL Production Pack software bundle
- USB 2.0 bus-powered audio interface for Mac/PC
Legacy 4K – Analogue Enhancement
Real analogue enhancement inspired by SSL 4000 series (4K) console
SSL has a history of innovation in analogue electronics and console design. Whether it be the sound of the classic EQ '242' and '292' EQ circuits, the punch of the legendary SSL G-Series Bus Compressor or the incredible bandwidth and sonic accuracy of our ground-breaking SuperAnalogue designed mic amps and consoles, they are always moving forward with analogue.
Legacy 4K is an all-new analogue enhancement effect, inspired by the character of an SSL 4000 series console (often referred to as '4K'). With the Legacy 4K button, 2 essential characteristics of the 4K sound is distilled into a single-circuit, which you can engage when you need to breath some life into 'boring' or 'dull' sounding input sources.
- 1st characteristic: High-Frequency EQ boost – The first thing engaging the Legacy 4K button will do is introduce a 'forward', yet musical high-frequency EQ boost, something which 4000-series EQs are known and loved for.
- 2nd characteristic: Subtle-Harmonic Distortion – 4K consoles are synonymous with imparting a certain 'mojo' to signals passing through them. This mojo comes through multiple stages of harmonic distortion from compressor VCAs, VCA Faders and other crucial areas like the transistor mix amps. Using modern components, they’ve created a circuit that injects a controlled amount of finely-tuned, sweet- sounding harmonic distortion into the signal path, helping to give your sound more edge!
Professional Studio Quality, Front To Back
The Art: 2 class-leading, beautifully detailed mic preamps to capture every nuance of every performance, with enough gain to cope with whatever microphone you're plugging in.
The Tech: A mixture of specially chosen discrete low-noise transistors in combination with ICs for the design of mic preamps with exceptional noise performance and a superior gain range.
And just because you're working out of your home studio or on the road, doesn't mean you should compromise on the quality of your audio interface. With SSL 2m, the same industry-grade parts found in their larger consoles and I/O products are used, delivering the same kind of quality you'd expect from a large SSL-equipped studio, into your personal workspace.
- Alps Pots throughout
- Neutrik XLR and Jack Connectors
- High-Current NJM Headphone Amp Output
- AKM AD/DA Converters – As used in our acclaimed Alpha-Link I/O products